I recently read our generation is obsessed with self-care. Hey, we’ve had worse reputations, so I’ll take it. I think its great the trend is taking care of yourself. One of the things we seemed to be more concerned with is anti-aging. This is great we are more concentrated on prevention! Because of this, there are many products that claim will have you looking like a twenty-something forever. Unfortunately, some don’t do as they promise. But, there are many that do! I’ve listed those here.
This is by far the most important tip in this post. The sun is the #1 “wrinkler” we deal with. Use a daily moisturizer with an SPF of 30 or higher. I love Aveeno’s. I also use an SPF eye cream Supergoop! has a great one. And I also use a Chapstick with an SPF of 45 which can be found at any drug store. Heck, I even use a Eucerin hand cream with SPF in it.
These facial pads from First Aid Beauty are heaven. They contain lactic and glycol acids that exfoliate and tone. I use these once every few days and really think they’ve improved my skin.
You know how seriously I take moisturizing the skin around my eyes. This is the best stuff. I use this nightly by using my ring fingers to apply in a patting motion. Yes, its not the quickest way to apply but you don’t want to tug at your skin by rubbing!
This cream is loaded with stuff to help decrease the signs of aging. While I do not have any wrinkles yet, I sleep better knowing my skin is repairing itself over night.
Okay, I know this isn’t a “product” similar to the rest listed here. But coconut oil is an amazing moisterizer. I use this to moisturize my neck and then use any remainder on my hands on my face. Do be careful, as some people have reporting coconut oil breaks them out. I typically use it on my cheeks and stay away from my T-zone which is oilier anyway.
This lip cream by First Aid Beauty hydrates, nourishes, and protects lips. We often forget about our lips in skin protection. But, they are similar to the eye area in that the skin on our lips is more delicate than the rest of our face. I put this on nightly.
I hope these tips work for you! Thank you for reading.
Toiletries are always the most difficult thing to pack. Thanks to TSA regulations, we have to run a tight ship (or quart sized bag) in order to bring all our products! Thankfully, stories like Target and Sephora have realized this and carry many products in travel size. I have purchased all these items, and with most have refilled the travel bottles and used them more than once. Here are the best of the best, make sure you stock up before your summer travels!
You know how much I love this cleanser, and now I can have it while traveling, too!
These is a very popular product that I use as my night moisturizer while traveling.
When traveling, you’re constantly on the go. So removing makeup is an even bigger beast than usual. These towelettes remove makeup and is even safe for the eye area!
Sephora has a great selection when it comes to travel size makeup. Most of your beauty favorites can be found available in travel size like the photos above!
Thank you for reading and happy travels!
Nothing beats the feeling of a freshly washed face. I have sensitive, dry skin, so finding a quality facial cleanser that is gentle yet powerful has been key in my skin care routine. Since discovering these cleansers, my skin has been clearer, brighter, and more even toned. Here, in my opinion, are the best facial cleansers out there:
Purity Made Simple Cleanser. This cleanser does an amazing job of making your skin feel clean without drying it out. It’s so effective, and the best on this list for removing make up.
Cetaphil Skin Cleanser. This stuff has a cult like following. It’s gentle on the skin, and really cleans it. Plus, you can’t beat the price, under $10 for 16 oz. This is my go to cleanser that I’ve consistently gone back to them.
First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser. This stuff is powerful. Often compared to the Purity cleanser mentioned above, it’s just as gentle. A little cleanser goes a long way making this last a while.
I’ve been Sephora-loyal for as long as I can remember. I love researching popular products and trying them out. I have put together a list of five products I can’t live without!
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser. This is one of Sephora’s most popular cleansers, with good reason. This stuff is so gentle it won’t dry out your skin even if you use it morning and night. It’s also powerful, my face feels truly clean after washing with it. Its advertising also states it tones and hydrates your skin. I believe it, my complexion improved after using this cleanser for a few weeks!
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I’m sure you’ve heard of this mascara, because it’s the best! This mascara gives your lashes some serious volume! If you’re hesitant to give it a try, Sephora sells a $12 travel size. Be sure to have some q-tips near by as it can be a bit messy when applying. If you wait until it dries, it comes right off.
- Dry Bar Texas Tea Volumizing Spray. This is the best volumizing product I’ve ever used! You spray it while you’re hair is still wet from the shower so it dries with your hair. This product doesn’t leave my hair feeling crunchy like most volumzing sprays.
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads. These are skin life savers! These facial pads exfoliate, tone, and brighten. I typically reach for these after a day of eating poorly, when I suspect my skin will show it the next day, or when its my time of the month. I really do notice a difference in the morning! I tend to not use these daily as my skin is dry and I suspect they may dry it out further if used more often.
- stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. My all time favorite eye liner! Easy to use and lasts all day, no smudges. Even though it is waterproof, it comes right off with makeup remover. This fun liner also comes in tons of different colors. It lasts a long time, and when it starts to run low if you trim the tip it will get a second wave!
I’m loyal to all these products and they have each changed my beauty routine for the better! Comment down below your must-have products so I can give them a try!